Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /membri/cyberstorm/phpBB3/common.php on line 106

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/cyberstorm/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/cyberstorm/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/cyberstorm/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3390: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3392: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
Neptune354 • View topic - change AnnexA to AnnexB

Neptune354

SORRY GUYS; DUE TO A BIG AMOUNT OF SPAM I HAVE BLOCKED ALL THE FORUM ACTIVITY :-/
It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 20:49

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: change AnnexA to AnnexB
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2007, 02:06 

now my firmware of WAG354G is WAG354Gv2-EU-AnnexA-ETSI-v1.01.58-code.
but i find that the modem does not work,i am in germany,and i the modem is work on ISDN.
so i want change AnnexA to AnnexB?
but i don`t know how?
i`ve by google searched,some people said i must use tools like WinHex or UltraEdit to change the .bin head of AnnexB.
is it feasible?

Post subject: Re: can i change AnnexA to AnnexB?
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2007, 16:50 
 WWW  Profile

For use with Annex B lines on ISDN and rj45 connector you must download and install in your WAG354G V2 the properly firmware from here: http://cyberstorm.altervista.org/?page_id=24
You can upgrade your router with the normal web interface: http://192.168.1.1/Upgrade.asp

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2007, 21:17 
Site Admin

yes it has worked indeed with a custom firmware i've sent him :D

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2008, 20:45 

I can also confirm that the opposite (AnnexB to AnnexA) works too!

All you have to do is upload any AnnexA firmware to the AnnexB router.
The catch is that you have to make the router believe that the firmware is intended for it while it is not.

Every firmware has in its header a codepattern.
These are some examples for wag354g v1:
WA31 for AnnexA
WA32 for AnnexB

All you need to do (for AnnexB -> AnnexA) is change "WA31" to "WA32" in the firmware header by using your favorite hex editor.
Do it and save the file.
Then you need to calculate the corresponding checksum which is the last 4bytes of the firmware (after 23 DE 53 C4)

For this you need the attached checksum calculator. (I have compiled it for both windows and linux or you can compile it yourself)

Just run it giving it as a parameter the firmware file:

Code:
./tichksum upgrade_code.bin
File already contains the checksum, verifying
Calculated checksum is AAD202DC
Saved checksum is 839B1B0D
Checksum validation failed!

Checksum validation will of course fail since we have altered the file.

hexedit the firmware file again and change the saved checksum to the calculated checksum.
WARNING for some reason the tool reports the hex values in reverse order: i.e. "AA D2 02 DC" instead of DC 02 D2 AA

Then run the calculator again to verify that you did it right:
Code:
[b]./tichksum upgrade_code.bin[/b]
File already contains the checksum, verifying
Calculated checksum is AAD202DC
Saved checksum is AAD202DC
Checksum validation successful!

You are good to go! Just upload upgrade_code.bin to the router by using tftp!

Attachments:
tichksum.zip [17.14 KB]
Downloaded 379 times

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2008, 11:53 
Site Admin

thanks, this is very useful :D

Post subject: Re: change AnnexA to AnnexB
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2008, 00:12 

From your posts it seems that the WAG354G V1 has same hardware for both Annex-A and Annex-B.
Could you please confirm me this assumption?
Can I convert a WAG354 bought in Germany (i.e. with Annex-B) into an Annex-A device suitable in Italy?
Thanks in advance.

Roberto

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2008, 10:44 
Site Admin

mmmhh... i cannot confirm you that hardware is the same...because I have never seen an AnnexB board. However some people was able to do this with the right software.

ok, non ho voglia di scrivere in inglese, soprattutto perchè sei italiano :)

non posso assicurarti che l'hw sia uguale, non ho mai visto una board annex b. Una board annex a la puoi vedere su wiki.openwrt.org . Ti posso dire che di sicuro il processore è lo stesso, ma probabilmente i filtri passa banda usano componenti diversi tra Annex A e B.

Che io sappia quelli che si sono cimentati nell'impresa ci sono sempre riusciti, dato che è sufficiente flashare un firmware per annex b ma contente i drivers annex a.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2008, 11:23 

Ok, story so far: Recently we moved... and my WAG354G died. I purchased a WAG54G to replace it. After some days of googling and tinkering around, I found Neptune... Installed it and it worked without a hitch, but still the WAG534G would not connect. Then I spotted this thread, and remembered that my WAG354G was Annex B model... Dumped in original Annex A firmware, modified to look like Annex B firmware to the router (btw: the calculator does not work on OS X, had to upload mod fw to irc-shell, and calc there:P ), the proceeded to do the same to neptune... Upgrade failed all the time. Then I gave it some thought, and tried Annex A version of Neptune... And here I am! Thank you Marco for good firmware, and others for pointers:)

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2008, 10:22 
Site Admin

thank for your feedback :)

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2008, 17:20 

thanks for all and for all answers.

i have also wag354g v2 annexb and want to convert in annex a but i can not find any firmware for that.
can anyone help me to do it

thanks in advance

manos fk

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]