Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /membri/cyberstorm/phpBB3/common.php on line 106

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/cyberstorm/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/cyberstorm/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/cyberstorm/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/cyberstorm/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3390: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3392: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
Neptune354 • View topic - v2 on WAG354G V2 ANNEXB

Neptune354

SORRY GUYS; DUE TO A BIG AMOUNT OF SPAM I HAVE BLOCKED ALL THE FORUM ACTIVITY :-/
It is currently 28 Nov 2022, 10:37

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: v2 on WAG354G V2 ANNEXB
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2008, 21:21 

Hi all.
I compiled my own v2 image from source and I hope I'll post a HOWTO here next week or so.
Running the v2 on my WAG with Annex B made several problems.

1. Wireless is not running also after downgrade to original Linksys FW [FIXED]
--> I could fix this by downgrading to Neptune v1 and applying the following patch (I heard it worked with v2 too)
Quote:
In Telnet/SSH type: echo "NVS_TFTP_LOAD 0" > /proc/ticfg/env
RESTART
After this your Wireless should be up again.

Maybe someone has a solution how to fix this also in v2 and for all time?!

2. I can't establish any PPPoE-Connection either with Neptune v1 or Neptune v2. I typed the same things into the Webinterface as in the original Linksys FW where it works just fine.

Does Anyone have any ideas how I could solve this because I would really enjoy it to use a firmware with more options.

At last I want to say a big Thanks to Jim Halfpenny who helped out of a lot of trouble either with building the FW or with the WiFi problem. So THANK YOU.

Post subject: Re: v2 on WAG354G V2 ANNEXB
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2008, 18:49 
Site Admin

hi cpuboni, yes I see there is that weird problem with wireless. I really dont have idea why / what set that ENV variable.
I though it could be one sort of auto-protection of wireless firmware, that is done if something to prevent hardware damages....but this is only a supposition.

It would be useful to watch the serial console log of the firmware, if you can solder the connector on the board.

2. PPPoE problem....ehmmm...I dont know!

Again, I can only do tests on V1...serial console debug should be useful here too.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2008, 18:54 
Site Admin

about wireless, I found "WHO":

Code:
$ strings wlcfg | grep "TFTP"
NVS_TFTP_LOAD
NVS_TFTP_LOAD

We still have to discover "why".

Can u do this:
1)reset router
2)boot
3)paste here dmesg and logread output

Maybe that variable means that wireless card is expecting firmware via tftp....

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2008, 22:25 

Ok, did some work and fixed the PPPoE "Problem"

As I found out, it's no real problem but I think with the neptune FW the Auto-detection Mode for Virtual-Circuit isn't working. So all buttons are disbaled if I activate this. So I needed the VPI and VCI settings for my ISP and now everthing works fine. (on v1 but I think it's the same on v2)

Ok now to the WLAN-Problem:

output dmesg
Code:
ddress for the WAN Bridge.
<4>Set the Environment variable 'wan_br_mac'.
<4>MAC Address should be in the following format: xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx
<1>802.1Q VLAN Support v1.6  Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>
<1>vlan Initialization complete.
<4>VFS: Mounted root (squashfs filesystem) readonly.
<4>Mounted devfs on /dev
<4>Freeing unused kernel memory: 64k freed
<4>registered device TI Avalanche SAR
<4>Ohio250(7200/7100A2) detected
<4>DSP binary filesize = 380930 bytes
<4>tn7dsl_set_modulation : Setting mode to 0x1
<4>Texas Instruments ATM driver: version:[7.04.03.00]
<4>This driver for use only Merlion-ACORP Russia Software Company!
<4>Algorithmics/MIPS FPU Emulator v1.5
<4>Default Asymmetric MTU for br0 1500
<6>device eth0 entered promiscuous mode
<6>br0: port 1(eth0) entering learning state
<6>br0: port 1(eth0) entering forwarding state
<6>br0: topology change detected, propagating
<4>DSL in Sync
<4>Default Asymmetric MTU for nas0 1500
<7>atm_connect (TX: cl 1,bw 0-0,sdu 1524; RX: cl 1,bw 0-0,sdu 1524,AAL 5)

output logread
Code:
Jan  1 00:00:09 neptune syslog.info syslogd started: BusyBox v1.2.1
Jan  1 00:00:09 neptune authpriv.crit : 5bUpnpd-igd-v009 start!!!
Jan  1 00:00:17 neptune user.info syslog: ADSL Signal Status: SHOWTIME
Jan  1 00:00:20 neptune auth.info login[54]: root login  on `pts/0'

I hope it helpful in any way... Maybe I can do some debug with a serial cable but I don't own one *think so* If i find some old cable I'll attache it to the router. Or have you any tips for this cable?
When owning one I would do it like discribe on OpenWRT..

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2008, 12:47 
Site Admin

hi,
About autodetection... yes you are right, I verified this some time ago and 50% of the times autodetection does not work.
Note that autodetection is nothing more that check all possible values for vci and vp, until the connection is estabilished....

About wireless: you should post the output with NVS_TFTP_LOAD set to zero. In case wireless is disabled, you should enter:
insmod tiap
and then post dmesg output

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2008, 13:01 
Site Admin

about serial cable, i use a slightly-modified serial data cable sold for old mobile phones like nokia 3310. It is USB so can be used even on new laptops and Macs.

You can even build it yoursel with a MAX232 level converter.

Take a look at
http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Har ... ys/WAG354G
http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Cus ... al_Console

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2008, 00:04 

Code:
admin@neptune:~# dmesg   
<4>Mounted devfs on /dev
<4>DSL in Sync
admin@neptune:~# insmod tiap
insmod: unresolved symbol avalanche_reset_ctrl
insmod: unresolved symbol vlynq_get_status
admin@neptune:~# dmesg
<4>Mounted devfs on /dev
<4>DSL in Sync

This is what I got...

As I set before, after restart NVS_TFTP_LOAD is put back to 1, which prevents wireless from booting as I think.

Well, I now have a Serial->USB cable, at the next step I need female plug to put the cables from router in :/ I just own PS/2->Serial *gnarf*

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2008, 00:47 
Site Admin

Code:
admin@neptune:~# insmod tiap
insmod: unresolved symbol avalanche_reset_ctrl
insmod: unresolved symbol vlynq_get_status

this means probably some other module need to be inserted before tiap

about connection to router, you have to solder a 5 pin connector on the board; then use a cable like this (it is used to connect cd drive to sound card).

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2008, 16:29 

hi there,

today i wanted to post some output of the console but i didn't notice before that i need a very special screwdriver :evil:

I'll buy one next some, stay tuned ;)

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2008, 00:20 

well,

got my WAG open now und soldered the cables on the board.

my problem now is, i can "connect" to the console and see chars flashing over my screen but I can read the signs, it looks like I'm not using the right charset or so..

output looks like this...
Quote:
JKRR::Z?#9'-5#
?#!?95?)-''57ekcW_%Y5g-
?-%5#7-%5#1!#?-%5##-#1!?-%5#9/'#9!%#?-%5%##
(VM#"St{?-#?=;'5?!)=ek^E##S:?5-?=77?-?kY!5?5-?=77?-?k5-?7?/=#7'5=?5-?ko!?-%5#7-%
5#1!#?
#?15?-%5?!)'-%5!??k+++++W
m#75k-%5=%
9;3ek

Any Idea? Using ja USB->Serial and MacOS with ZTerm

Connection Settings: 38400 8N1

EDIT:
well I think the problem is I'm using a Serial->USB cable for 9-Pin connector which propably uses 12V and not 3.3V as the WAG...
Need to get a old datacable for mobile phones or something else ... :roll:

EDIT: I'm using a USB-Serial Converter cable based on the Prolific PL2303 chipset
which shoul work I think or?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next